Total Pageviews

Thursday, December 22, 2011

Horror for Good: Mark Scioneaux on Creepfest

One last chance to enter the draw for a pack of Creepfest e-book goodies! http://ruth-barrett-spiritedwords.blogspot.com/2011/12/welcome-to-12-days-of-creepfest.html

My final guest on the 12 Days of Creepfest blog hop is the talented and kind-spirited Mark Scioneaux.


1) "My true love gave to me..." -- Your most amazing/weird/stupid gift ever-- given or received.

One of the best gifts I have ever received came a few Christmases ago when my wife gave me our first Keurig machine. I am an avid coffee drinker and I used the hell out of it. As far a weird gifts go, the two that stick out in my mind were both from my aunt. One Christmas, she gave me a sweater that looked like a rainbow had thrown up all over it. Needless to say that was returned quickly. The other gift was a long time ago when "Santa" brought me my first Playstation. I received a gift from here that looked suspiciously like a Playstation game. But when I opened it, it was a Duran Duran CD. My sister received a Coach purse from her. WTF?!?

2) Ghosts of Christmas Past/Present/Future -- Highlights (or disasters) of past holidays, and/or aspirations for the ideal future Christmas.


I am blessed to say I never had a bad Christmas at my house growing up. Each morning the tree was surrounded with gifts and my sister and I would open so many that we would get bored after a while. We were spoiled to say the least and its something I look forward to doing to my children one day. From this fortunate upbringing sprung this desire for me to help others who maybe didn't have it as good as I did.

For my ideal future Christmas, it would be watching my children open their gifts surrounded by their parents and grandparents. Then I could sit back and smile, knowing that my entire life had led up to this one perfect moment.

3) The best book you ever got for Christmas.

A few books stick out in my mind. Jurassic Park and Jaws were two of my favorites that I can read over and over again and never tire of. One Christmas I received the entire collection of Edgar Allen Poe. His poem, "The Raven," is one of my favorite pieces of literature of all time. I also received a book of Greek mythology and read it until it fell apart. I love Greek mythology and I find it fascinating.

4) Tell us about your upcoming charity anthology!


Horror for Good was created one day as a simple idea to put an anthology together for charity. It turned into something far greater than anyone could have ever expected. Proceeds from the book sales will go toward amfAR, an international charity for fight against AIDS. It features Stoker winners, international best sellers, and authors new to the horror writing scene. It will be out sometime in the Spring of 2012, and the editors are Robert S. Wilson, R.J. Cavender, and myself. It will be published by Cutting Block Press.


I want to help make a change in the world, and I am asking for the help of the writing world to do it.

One person cannot make a dent, but when he/she is teamed up with many, anything is possible!

Amazing idea, Mark! Check it out here: https://www.facebook.com/horrorforgood


"The Glass Coffin"
Tyler Webster is a ruined man. With age creeping up on him and his marriage failing, he seeks solace in the arms of another, leaving his wife and sick daughter behind. When he returns however, the unthinkable has happened. The dead have come to life and are hunting the living. Tyler soon finds himself helpless, and worse, powerless to do anything about it as the macabre situation unfolds. He is trapped inside his glass coffin while the world around him turns to madness.

If you are a fan of classic, Romero-style zombie action, then this is a must read. A true zombie lover's delight scripted by Mark Christopher Scioneaux, the author of the zombie thriller, Hollow Point, and founder of Horror for Good.



http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B006GC6QM2/ref=s9_simh_gw_p351_d1_g351_i1?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=center-2&pf_rd_r=1TXRC9PYNJQ37TBQPEMJ&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=470938631&pf_rd_i=507846

And in true charitable style, Mark submitted links to his fellow editor's book!


Shining in Crimson by Robert S. Wilson
Set in a dystopian, religiously-demented American Empire, the city of Las Vegas is no longer a city of sin. Now called Necropolis, it is a city that eats sin. The vampires of Necropolis wait patiently for the Empire's weekly drop off of guilty Penitents; sinners and criminals full of fresh blood.

Hank Evans is one of those Penitents and he would gladly let the vampires take every drop of his blood if it weren’t for one detail: Toby. Toby is Hank’s only son. Now, Hank must do whatever it takes to escape the city of the dead and save his son from an Empire as bloodthirsty as the vampires it uses to keep its people in line.

"A big-scale vampire thriller that changes the rules."--Scott Nicholson, Liquid Fear, The Red Church, and They Hunger.

http://www.amazon.com/Shining-Crimson-Empire-Blood-ebook/dp/B005LD2TKK/ref=sr_1_1?s=digital-text&ie=UTF8&qid=1323836967&sr=1-1

No comments:

Post a Comment