Total Pageviews

Friday, September 30, 2011

Scary Times Ahead!

I'm pretty busy over the next few days. I'm having a book launch for the paperback version of Base Spirits on Sunday October 2nd to officially mark the birth of my novel! In fact, if you are in Stratford, Ontario (don't go looking for me in Warwickshire) drop by the quaint Callan Books at 15 York Street from 1:00 to 3:00 and say hi, get your book signed, enter a prize draw, have some coffee and treats... should be fun.



If you're further afield, try the e-book of Base Spirits for the bargain price of $2.99! Kindle: http://www.amazon.com/Base-Spirits-ebook/dp/B005L38G8E/ref=sr_1_1?s=digital-text&ie=UTF8&qid=1316271615&sr=1-1 or Smashwords: https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/84640

I'm also busy with my 'day job' writing described video TV scripts for the visually impaired. I get to do some narration for a whole series this time, so that will be cool. There's another mini-launch in the works at another fine Stratford indie bookshop- Fanfare- later in October, and I guess I should get on with the audiobook recording soon...

So all in all, it's a very good thing that I'm having some guest bloggers in October! I'll post a new wonderful author's true ghost story every few days to keep the scary fun going as we head toward Halloween. It seemed like a good way to celebrate the release of my own ghostly novel.

In fact, if you have any of your own spooky experiences to share, send them to me at:
ruthabarrett (at) hotmail (dot) com
No fiction (but creatively told is fine), and not too lengthy. Please include a brief bio, an image if you like, and links to your own webpage/book page. If I get a lot of response, I'll have this as an ongoing blog feature.

I've had some great submissions, so stay tuned for some chilling tales of spirits paying the living a visit-- some are friendly, but others? Not so much...

No comments:

Post a Comment